Any ideas I know that deployment for such a solution will be horrible.I also understand that the solution is tightly coupled.This initiates the cab download, so that tells me that the browser isn't preventing active X downloads. I then use regasm to create the necessary registry entries.
Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Code Store Database\Distribution Units there is a key that matches my GUID.I expand the key that matches my GUID, one of the subkeys is "Installed Version"There is a value with the name "(Default)" and the Data is "2,0,50727,42"I thought that this was a strange version number so I searched my entire solution and found that apparently that is the version of the . As a test, I changed the codebase to have "#version=2,1" instead of "#version=2,0,0,0". This would lead me to believe that IE is looking at the 2.0.50727.42 version for the download, however, I have the same registry settings on the development machine(IE7) that works so it doesn't make any sense. All of this works fine, however, I can't get the #version portion of the codebase attribute to cause a download for a new version of my control... On Co Create Instance, COM will try to activate the COM object by calling When using codebase in an object tag, does the #version represent the version of the CAB file, the version of the MSI contained in the cab file, the File Version setting in the INF, OR the actual assembly version Also, what could possibly make it work like a charm on my development machine and bomb out anywhere else If I can't figure this out, I'm going to have to write some very nasty server side/ client side code to check the database for a version number, a property of the control for a version number, and then dynamically place -1,-1,-1,-1 when the versions don't match. then reads the assembly and type information from the registry, and activates the .Ok I'm coming here as a last resort hoping that someone knows the answer to this, no answers in the newsgroups and I have done everything I know how to do, aside from a serious hack solution that I would love to avoid. On the CODEBASE attribute I point it to the cab file and add a version like so "CODEBASE="cabfiles\mycab.cab#version=184.108.40.206" The problem: So because this is a . I wrap this into a CAB file and use the Object tag to embed it in the page. Install NET CF v2 cab and SQL CE 3.0 cab file along with applicati 9.
Installing Multiple Cab Files from a Single Container Cab File 8. I have tried changing registry settings and values and a whole slew of things and can't find the solution. Install NET CF v2 cab and SQL CE 3.0 cab file along with application cab Hello All, I am developing application using VS2005 and . error 1311 cab D:/ z561407not found outlook 2003 10. Choose one of the following places to put your version string. Hello all, First off, thanks for looking at my question. Computers: Windows XP pro SP 2IE 7IE 6We are developing a web app using VS 2005 and ASP. We have purchased a 3rd party development library that allows for image/document management (TWAIN scanning, Image/PDF viewing, etc..). Then I created a setup project in VS 2005 for my control library. In the class I override the install and uninstall methods.Ok I'm coming here as a last resort hoping that someone knows the answer to this, no answers in the newsgroups and I have done everything I know how to do, aside from a serious hack solution that I would love to avoid. On the CODEBASE attribute I point it to the cab file and add a version like so "CODEBASE="cabfiles\mycab.cab#version=220.127.116.11" The problem: So because this is a .